I saw this really cool button bowl on Pinterest the other day, it didn’t have the best directions so I decided to wing it and make my own! The product is incredibly cute! While it was cute just an FYI this is incredibly time consuming it required a lot of glue! So here’s how you do it:
1. You’ll need:
- A balloon
- Buttons (I used two packs of 130 and used almost all of them)
- Mod Podge or Glue (or you could be like me and use both)
- Paint brush
- Something to hold the balloon while the glue dries (I used a cup)
2. First paint a layer of glue onto the balloon, I let this dry almost completely, it created a sort of sticky film
3. Starting with a little area at a time paint glue onto the balloon and attach the buttons, this part was super messy but fun! I rubbed the glue around with my fingers because the paint brush kept sticking to me.
4. Let it dry completely, while you’re waiting occasionally check on the balloon and make sure the buttons aren’t sliding, if they are just push them back up.
5. Once it’s dried paint a layer of glue (I switched to Mod Podge at this point) and let it dry, I let it sit overnight
6. For good measure I put yet another layer on after this (I invested this much time why would I want it to not work!)
7. Once it’s dried completely cut a slit at the top of the balloon and let it deflate, WARNING when I did this turns out the bottom part of the bowl hadn’t dried completely. Because of this I had to do another layer of glue on the inside of the bowl, not sure if you were more patient if you would have to do this.
And ta-da that’s it! You’ve got a super cute bowl made out of buttons and glue! Let me know if you try it!