One of my favorite things about having fish for dinner is how quickly it thaws when it’s frozen. It is my go to whenever I’m running late, starving, and forgot to plan ahead. Normally I just throw some marinade on it, I found this recipe a few weeks ago and loved it! The original recipe called for thyme but I didn’t have any so I just used basil and oregano and it worked out fine! Give it a try and tell us what you think:
Baked Parmesan Tilapia:
- 1 tilapia fillets
- 1 Tbspbutter (room temperature)
- 1/4 clove mincedgarlic
- 1/8 tsp basil
- 1/8 tsp oregano
- 1/8 cupParmesan cheese; grated
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Put on a baking sheet (spray the non-stick spray first) and bake for 10-12 minutes (it doesn’t have anything on it right now, add salt and pepper if you want but I didn’t and it turned out fine)
- Mix the butter, garlic, basil, oregano and parmesan cheese together.
- Once the fish is done (my mom says fish is done when it’s flaky, so that’s the standard I use), spread the mixture over it and let it sit in the oven for another 3 minutes.
Original recipe from: http://www.bigoven.com/recipe/198891/Easy-Baked-Parmesan-Tilapia