Recently there’s been a lot of snow here in Virginia. And I’ve gone a little stir crazy. Along with cleaning and watching a West Wing marathon I decided it was cookie making time! I found the recipe for these nutella lava cookies on pinterest and it was love at first sight. These were amazing right out of the oven! They were a little tiresome to make, the rolling got old quick but they were so worth it! Give them a try!
- 1 cup butter
- 1¼ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups large semi-sweet chocolate chips
- nutella for filling
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Cream the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Blend in the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Mix in the cocoa powder at low speed until well blended.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder to the bowl and mix on low speed just until incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop up about 2 tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball. Flatten the ball in the palm of your hand and put in about 1/2 tbsp of nutella in the middle of the dough. Then wrap the edges around to form a ball and to cover the nutella completely. Place on the prepared baking sheets, and repeat process, placing balls about 2 inches apart. Bake about 13-16 minutes, until cookies are cooked and slide easily off of parchment paper. Serve while warm.
Original recipe from: http://kirbiecravings.com/2011/06/nutella-lava-cookies.html