One of my absolute favorite things about the summer is smores. I’m generally not an advocate of camping (bugs and I don’t get along) but I would kill for a toasted marshmallow. That’s why when I found this recipe the other day I was beyond thrilled, and slightly skeptical, of a smore that could be made indoors. I tried it though and they are insanely good and so easy! It’s almost like the real deal (a little less messy) but it’s a good fix for when you can’t make it to your nearest campsite to make a fire. Give it a shot, I got the original recipe here:
6 graham cracker sheets*, or 12 Saltine or Ritz Crackers (or as many as you wish)
6 large marshmallows (enough to fit your crackers)
12 Hershey’s Kisses, unwrapped (enough to top your crackers)
1. Break graham cracker sheets in half.
2. Using clean scissors (or a clean knife) cut each marshmallow into 2 halves.
3. Heat oven to Low Broil.
4. Align graham crackers in the center of a cookie sheet about 1/2″ apart from each other.
5. Top each graham cracker with a marshmallow with the cut/sticky side down.
6. Place marshmallow topped graham crackers under broiler (turn oven light on if you have one) DON’T WALK AWAY, watch them closely as they will toast quickly, allow to toast until golden rotating pan with oven mitt as needed.
7. Once golden immediately remove from oven, place 1 Kiss in the center of each toasted marshmallow and gently press down. For best results serve warm, just like a real S’more